The Ministry of Budget and Economic Planning is Edo State’s focal point for Development, Planning and Economic Management. Below are the major achievements of the Ministry thus far:
- Prepared/reviewed the 2018 -2020 Medium Term Expenditure Framework Document (MTEF).
- Articulated the State Recurrent and Capital Estimates from 2009 till date.
- Produced Social Indicators’ Atlas for the State.
- Conducted survey on Edo State GDP in collaboration with National Bureau of Statistics (NBS).
- Drafted the Edo State Social Protection Policy.
- Conducted the multiple indicator cluster survey with the cooperation of UNICEF, USAID, NACA and National Bureau of Statistics.
- Formulates & coordinates Government programmes as contained in the short-term, medium-term and long-term plans.
- Developed medium and long term plans such as:
- Edo State Economic Empowerment and Development Strategy (SEEDS) produced in June 2005.
- Edo State Vision 2020 document (In collaboration with Economic and Strategy Team).
- State Strategic Plan (SSP) 2010-2020 (In collaboration with Strategic Planning Team).
- Developed a Draft Social Protection Policy that would help reduce poverty among the poor and ensure social inclusion for all.
- Coordinated and facilitated the Scaling up of Nutrition activities in the 18 LGAs by the State Committee on Food & Nutrition through sensitization on Exclusive Breastfeeding and the importance of Maternal, Infant and Young Child Nutrition.
Facilitated the construction and handing over of 115 Micro projects across 8 LGAs donated by the European Union in collaboration with the State Government. (14 Markets, 45 Schools, 22 Health Centres, 20 Civic Centres, 12 Water borehole and 2 Cassava mill.)