Staff, Pension/Subeb Biometrics are sub units in Verification Department of ICTA that is
responsible for the enrolment of new staff, pensioners (State/Lga), update of
staff/pensioners’ data and keeping accurate record of their data.
Objectives of Staff, Pension/Subeb Biometrics
To ensure accuracy and timeliness in certification of retiree benefit.
Prompt and efficient service delivery to our client (staff/pensioner).
To place staff/pensioner on e- payment.
Aimed at determining and verifying those active on the payroll.
Help to reduce poverty and improve social justice of staff/pensioners.
To facilitate the payment of survivor’s benefits. In other to alleviate financial
hardship of pensioners. Aimed at reducing the agonies of pensioners.
Aimed at helping the government to have internal control of pension
Help the government fight corruption more effectively.
What we do as Staff, Pension/Subeb Biometrics Unit?
We undertake the following activities.
• ENROLLMENT: – it involves the enrolling of a new staff/pensioner into the Edo
State staff/pensioner database. Enrollment of staff/pensioners involves three
steps that must be followed orderly. They are:
Data entry: this is where the information of the staff/pensioner is enrolled into the
tables provided in the database. The type of tables is as follow:
• Employment records
• Next of kin
• Sighted staff/pensioner personal document
UPDATE OF STAFF/PENSIONERS RECORD
It is the duty of Staff, Pension/Subeb Biometrics Verification to carry out update of staff/pensioners records whenever the need arises. The following are some of the updates that could be carried out by Pension Verification:
- Bank name update
- Bank account update
- Update of corrected error discovered on staff/pensioner biometric printout, etc
Staff, Pension/Subeb Biometrics Sub Unit
- Is responsible for the enrolment of new staff/pensioners into staff/Pensioners Database
- Carries out the duty of updating pensioners’ record.
- Periodically conducts “Am Alive” /Revalidation exercise for pensioners.
- Keeps up-to-date record of staff/pensioners on Edo state payroll
- Helps the government in identifying ghost staff/pensioners on Edo state payroll.
- Keeps record of the total number of staff/pensioners on Edo state payroll by fishing-out ghost pensioners from the database, it helps to raise revenue profile of the state government.
- Plays a significant role in assisting Edo state ICTA in achieving her mission statement, which is “To modernize operations in civil and public service using IT infrastructure.”
For easy access to all Edo state staff/pensioners.
To generate report concerning staff/pensioners.
Make staff/pension system more transparent, predictable and adaptable to changing circumstance.